What is it?
Acne is one of the most common skin disorders that can affect any person of any age and of any gender. Acne can present itself in a few different forms ranging from blackheads and whiteheads, pimples, nodules, and cysts, in the order of severity.
Acne is caused when pores of the skin become clogged with dead skin cells and oil. The oil and skin cells inside pores create the perfect environment for bacteria responsible for causing acne to live and multiply. While bacteria feed on the follicle’s contents this causes inflammation. It is important to remember that inflammation is primarily an inflammatory disorder of the skin.
Normally acne is more common in adolescents going through puberty and women with hormonal imbalances, this is due to the fact that the androgen hormone can stimulate oil glands to over produce natural oils, setting the pace for acne to start developing.
Acne Peels – by using Lamelle’s Beta Plus chemical peel range unhealthy dead skin cells are gently removed from the outer layer of the skin and pores are unclogged, preventing blackheads and lesions from worsening. Chemical peels will also speed up skin cell renewal.
Deep Cleanse Facials – recommended on a monthly basis deep cleanse facials will assist with gently removing impurities in the skin, a specialized mask will also help to assist in controlling a problematic skin.
Home Care Products
The professionals at Glo Laser & Beauty recommend the following products to use at home to help successfully treat and prevent acne:
- Clarity Active Cleanse – antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activity to prevent infection inside the pores. It also contains exfoliating ingredients to clean the pores out on the inside while leaving problematic skin hydrated, soothed and properly cleansed.
- Clarity Active Control – this spot treatment accelerates wound healing while strong anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients reduce skin sensitivity and scar formation.
- Clarity Corrective AM – reduces the risk of scar formation left behind from acne lesions, hyperpigmentation, and skin dryness. This day cream also speeds up wound healing from acne lesions, reduces inflammation and redness and controls the skin’s oil production.
- Clarity Corrective PM Plus – It is a night cream that contains Vitamin A to assist with the healing of acne lesions, prevents scar formation from acne lesions and keeps the skin nourished and well hydrated.
- Acnevelle – this powerful problematic skin supplementation helps to reduce inflammation and bacterial activity within acne skins. Used as part of an effective acne management home care program, acne sufferers can see up to 88% of improvement after 8 weeks of use.