Chemical peels can be a scary concept but it's nothing more than exfoliation of the skin. And there is a chemical peel available for every skin type. Skin renewal requires your skin to flake off, and while it will get there in time, Lamelle chemical peels speed up the process so you can have new, healthy skin now.
Chemical Peel Benefits
- Improve the colour, texture and tone of your skin
- Offering a radiant complexion by stimulating healthy skin cell growth and new collagen
- Decreasing discolouration as an after effect of sun damage
- Help with clearing up acne breakouts
- Fading wrinkles and fine lines
- Increasing skin hydration
- Reducing the appearance of superficial scars and other skin imperfections
- Better skin penetration to make your skin care products more effective
It can take up to a week for treated areas to heal after a chemical peel. New skink might be darker or lighter than normal but this is just temporary. Directly after your chemical peel, you can expect treated skin to be tight, red and a little swollen.
Chemical Peel Side Effects
- Redness is considered a normal healing element of chemical peels and can last a few weeks
- Chemical peels might cause changes in skin colour, especially after a deep peel. These colour changes are more common in people with darker skin.
- Infections aren't all that common but there have been some cases of flare-ups in individuals diagnosed with the herpes virus.
- Like infections, scarring rarely occurs. In the event of scarring, antibiotics can be used to treat and reduce their appearance.